Fudgy Avocado Brownies With Avocado Frosting
April 1, 2016 by Elizabeth from Frugalmomeh
300 g dark chocolate (chopped or chips)
2 tbsp Coconut oil
2-4 hass avocados, pitted and peeled
1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 eggs, at room temperature
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup less 1 Tbsp. coconut flour
For the Avocado Frosting:
One medium sized hass avocado, pitted and peeled
3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
3 Tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line the base and sides of a 9 x 13 in pan with parchment paper, allowing some overhang.
- Put the dark chocolate and coconut oil in a bowl set over simmering water, without it touching the water.
- Melt the chocolate, stirring until smooth then remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the avocado into a food processor or blender and process/blend until smooth.
- Stir the avocado, honey and vanilla extract into the cooled chocolate.
- Next, add the eggs, one at a time, making sure each is well mixed before adding the next.
- Stir in the coconut flour and cocoa powder until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread to cover the pan and fill the corners. Smooth the top.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the top is firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and cool completely in the pan before lifting the brownie from the pan.
- Place frosting ingredients in a food processor or blender along with the cocoa powder and maple syrup.
- Process/Blend, scraping down the sides as needed until very smooth.
- Add more cocoa powder or maple syrup if needed to taste.
- Spread over completely cooled brownies.
- Cut the brownie into 24 pieces and store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.