Easiest Healthy Chicken Soup
“Good soup is one of the prime ingredients of good living. For soup can do more to lift the spirits and stimulate the appetite than any other one dish.” – Louis P. De Guoy
I hope this doesn’t overwhelm you
- 64oz broth
- 2lb chicken (I used frozen)
- Chopped onion, celery, carrots (you can buy frozen versions of this now or look in your veggie aisle for a pre-cut mix)
- Optional to add in any other frozen veggie you have. I used okra.
- Optional rice or egg noodles for a traditional chicken soup
Dump in to the crock-pot and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
Soup has a number of other benefits for our health and our running!
- Broth is easy to digest and provides tons of nutrients
- Eating a light soup before meals helps cut calories
- Warm foods feel comforting
- Super duper easy way to pack in tons of veggies
- Can be made in large batches to freeze (perfect for having food post travel!)
- Easy options for vegan meal, but protein filled
- Can help to get things moving if your feeling constipated or bloated
By Amanda Brooks of Run to the Finish