Summer Salad Love!
What’s more refreshing than fresh fruit on a hot summers day? Making it into a savoury and sweet salad of course!
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 5 lb watermelon, peeled, cut into cubes
- 1 English (or Hot House) cucumber, cubed (about 2 cupfuls of cubed cucumbers)
- 15 fresh mint leaves, torn
- 15 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, more to your liking
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, lime juice, olive oil and pinch of salt. Set aside for a moment.
- In a large bowl or serving platter with sides, combine the watermelon, cucumbers, and fresh herbs.
- Top the watermelon salad with the honey vinaigrette and gently toss to combine. Top with the feta cheese and serve!
Recipe from the Mediterranean Dish