Nutrition Compliments Your Workouts
Get the Best Results…Exercise alone isn’t enough!
Whatever type of result you are looking for, nutrition can help you get their faster with more lasting results. In order to accomplish changes in your body composition, overall health, energy levels, and athletic performance, you need to exercise and eat well.
Weight & body composition changes
- The best way to lose weight and change your body composition is by using a combination of nutrition and It only takes you a few minutes to eat hundreds of calories calories, but a long time to burn them off. If you are trying to lose fat or gain muscle mass by exercising alone, you will find the process is very slow.
Prevention & treatment of health issues
- Nutrition is also strongly related to the prevention of the leading causes of death and disability such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and osteoporosis. Sound nutrition also helps slow aging and ensure protection against other health concerns. Don’t assume that if you are exercising and/or you are a healthy weight that you don’t have to worry about what you eat. Your body is like a car, and nutrition is the gas, oil, and other components of your car that make it run properly. Your car will run for a while if you don’t fill it with fuel or forget to change the oil, but eventually it will break down.
Energy & productivity
- Eating well directly influences your energy levels, motivation, and overall mood. This will help ensure you have the stamina to get to your workouts and do them with vigor.
Fitness results & sport performance
- If you are training for a recreational or competitive sport, proper nutrition will improve your overall performance (speed, strength, power, and endurance). Genetics and sport/exercise training will only take you so far; examining your nutrition will give you a leading edge. Optimal nutrition can also help you to achieve better short-term health and immune function. By avoiding colds, flu’s and other bugs you can keep your workout routine consistent and see the best results. Proper nutrition will also greatly improve your recovery after hard workouts so you are fresh for your next workout.
Dietitian Andrea Holwegner “the chocoholic nutritionist” is a consultant to the food, grocery and restaurant industry, professional speaker and owner of Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc. She manages a team of experienced dietitians specializing in weight loss, eating disorders, heart health, diabetes, digestive issues, sports nutrition, pediatrics and more. Visit www.healthstandnutrition.com or phone 403-262-3466 for more information and to subscribe to her free monthly e-newsletter or blog. Twitter: @chocoholicRD. Facebook: healthstandnutrition.
Members may be able to claim Registered Dietitian services on Group Insurance.
Work one-on-one with a Registered Dietitian, the only university trained and regulated nutrition expert. Look for a dietitian that specializes in the specific health, fitness or medical concern you need help with.
We have partnered with Registered Dietitian Andrea Holwegner and her experienced team of dietitians at Health Stand Nutrition Consulting for phone or Skype nutrition appointments. With over 75 years of combined experience, the Health Stand Nutrition team specializes in:
- Meal planning for insanely busy people
- Weight loss and emotional eating
- Eating disorders (anorexia, bulimia, binge eating)
- Sports nutrition for recreational and competitive athletes
- Diabetes, PCOS & blood sugar concerns
- High cholesterol, high blood pressure and heart health
- Celiac disease, IBS and other digestive issues
- Paediatric issues, picky eating and family nutrition
- Other issues, ask if they can help
For more information about their one-on-one nutrition coaching programs, consulting fees and nutritionist bios visit: Nutrition Counselling Programs.